Social27 uses an iframe to display your website embedded inside of your Sponsor Booth Microsite of your event. An iframe allows an attendee who visits your booth to see the same content that displays on your webpage. However, being able to display your website within an iframe of another website may create some unwanted risks. Your company’s IT team may have incorporated “x-frame options” on your website to prevent your webpage from being embedded inside of an iframe. This means you cannot display your website on your microsite.
What are x-frame-options?
An x-frame option is in the script of your webpages “header” which is not visible to anyone but your own IT department. This code is likely buried in your overall website’s functionality so that it affects every page in your company.com ‘domain’. It is usually not possible to grant one page of your website the ability to embed in an iframe without granting all of the pages of your website the same permission. You can check to see if your website has x-frame-options here: https://gf.dev/x-frame-options-test . Because this is a setting controlled by your IT department, Social27 is unable to show your website if your webpage has x-frame options.
Can x-frame-options be removed for Social27.com or during the date of the event?
It is no longer possible to grant permission to a single domain (such as the event host “social27.com”) or to set this option to “off”. The code must be removed from the script to display in an iframe.
What are my options on my microsite to show my website?
Social27 offers four alternatives:
- Link to your webpage in the description of your company using a hyperlink (recommended option)
- Add your website as a “Resource” that can be selected. These resources are generally positioned directly below your Playlist on your microsite.
- Create a PDF that links to your website
- Have the “Playlist” show a thumbnail and link that directs attendees directly to your site
What type of content do you recommend if I cannot show my webpage?
Several content options display well in a playlist. Social27 recommends:
- Videos – video content hosted on a service like Youtube or Vimeo provides the best attendee experience in the Playlist
- PDF - Webpage content can often be duplicated as a .pdf. PDF’s can contain hyperlinked text and images that work exactly like buttons on a website
Still Need Help? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional assistance.